Catholic Eldercare Church Renovation | St. Anthony of Padua
Catholic Eldercare reached out to Prime General Contractors to refinish and modify their existing wood pews to their original finish, add new pew kneelers, and remove and replace the flooring at their St. Anthony of Padua Chapel. The chapel is attached to the Catholic Eldercare facility.
The pews were completely disassembled, restored to original stain color, reassembled and reinstalled. A number of pews were trimmed in size and modified to accommodate wheel chair accessibility for complete family.
The existing Vinyl Asbestos Tile (VAT) contained asbestos which required full abatement. Prime installed new carpeting over the existing wood slat floor. Prime also installed new tile flooring in the public restrooms.
“The project was completed on time and within budget. This is the third project Prime General Contractors has successfully completed for Catholic Eldercare.”
Owner: Catholic Eldercare
Project Name: Catholic Eldercare Church Renovation
Prime worked directly with the owner and subcontractors to select the new finishes.
The parish of St. Anthony of Padua derives its name from its location near St. Anthony Falls, a 1680 settlement of mainly French trappers and Native Americans. In 1849, Fr. Augustine Ravoux began building a mission church in St. Anthony and named it for St. Anthony of Padua. Thus, began the history of this parish, first built as a mission station served by the French missionary priests stationed in Mendota. The first church was completed in 1851, and the diocese of St. Paul was created. In 1968, Fr. Felix Tissot led the effort to finish a larger stone church, in which the membership presently worships. This is the church Prime General Contractors had the honor of renovating.